Amplify Science is a K–8 science curriculum that blends hands-on investigations, literacy-rich activities, and interactive digital tools to empower students to think, read, write, and argue like real scientists and engineers.
Amplify Science was developed by the science education experts at UC Berkeley’s Lawrence Hall of Science and the digital learning team at Amplify. As the Hall’s first curriculum designed to address the new science standards, Amplify Science reflects state-of-the-art practices in science teaching and learning.
This site is designed to help you become familiar with the program and to guide you through initial preparation for implementing Amplify in your classrooms.
More below but don't miss these features!
Happy Spring! Each week we’ll be sharing teacher-vetted tips and tricks that hopefully blossom into bigger ideas for your classroom.
This 3-part training webinar series with Amplify experts was a hit with attendees! If you missed any of the live sessions or are looking for a refresher, we’ve shared replays of each session and other resources to help you throughout the year.
When you have a question about Amplify curriculum, we suggest you check out our help library as your first stop. It’s packed with answers to FAQs and tips for navigating and using Amplify. The search tool there will help you find the answer you need quickly.
Amplify has planned a series of fun events and giveaways for teachers in the weeks ahead. Check out what we have in store to shower you with appreciation for your dedication to educating and inspiring young minds!
Learn at your own pace and on your own schedule. The collection includes a quick 5-10 minutes of Amplify Science training—starting with the basics and increasing in complexity each week to put you in control of your Amplify learning experience.
This program implementation page will give you a jump start on the new year. There are a number of useful tools provided here—including navigational videos and lessons resources—to guide you as you become familiar with the program.
Remote and Hybrid Learning Support
We know that this may be another challenging year for teachers, students, and caregivers alike. As your partner in education, we want to equip you and your learners with the tools to excel, whether in the classroom part-time or learning fully-remote from home.
Here are some instructional resources to provide a rich, quality, and reliable learning experience—even during these times that your class environment may be inconsistent:
- Remote and Hybrid Resources: Amplify continues to make the remote and hybrid learning resources from last school year available. These tools have been adapted from the curriculum and can be used if students must move to a remote learning environment. Each unit includes:
- @Home units: Adapted for use with asynchronous instruction in a remote learning or hybrid learning situation, these units feature key activities optimized for remote learning and require significantly less instructional time. Each includes a teacher overview, a family overview, and both digital and print-based options for student materials.
- @Home Videos: Recorded by real Amplify Science teachers, these videos enable you to utilize the full curriculum—all the lessons, with slight modifications for remote learning.
- Hands On Investigation Videos: These recordings demonstrate the hands-on investigations in the curriculum.
- Read-Alouds for K–5: Each unit’s Student Book is read aloud by an adult in these video recordings.
- The Program Hub: The Amplify Science Program Hub provides a number of helpful instructional resources as well as professional learning materials to guide you through getting started.
- Science K–5 Fillable Copymasters and Investigation Notebooks: For K-5 Science only, Amplify offers fillable PDFs for the Investigation Notebook and copymaster PDFs. These can also be downloaded from the curriculum.
- Science K–5 Classroom Library: For K–5 Science only, Amplify provides digital Student Books.
- Learn & Connect
Learn & Connect
Once you have logged in to the program, these resources will help you get started.
These training webinars provide training on the Amplify Science program essentials:
Advice and answers
Did you know we have a robust library of help articles? Learn more about the program, download a checklist, and read about how to get help with this introductory article. You can also visit the library and use the Search tool at the top of the page to find all the articles on keywords like: Science, assigning, or QR code
There’s even a collection of articles devoted to all things Amplify Science.
Pre-launch checklist and training
Our Program Hub provides information on navigation, lesson details, and more to help you prepare to implement Amplify in your classrooms. You can also download the Amplify Science pre-launch checklist for teachers PDF.
Back to Basics: Getting started with Amplify Science
Have you been joining us for this training webinar series with Amplify experts walking you through the key things you need to know to get started with Amplify Science? This 3-part series is a hit with attendees! If you’ve missed any of the live sessions or are looking for a refresher, check out our Back to Basics Bonus page. We’ve included replays of each session and other resources to help you throughout the year.
Join Our Community
Our Amplify Science Facebook group is a community of Amplify Science educators from across the country. It’s a space to share best practices, ideas, and support on everything from implementation to instruction. Join today.
Preparing for your materials
Each unit of Amplify Science comes with a hands-on materials kit.
Each hands-on materials kit arrives in 1–3 boxes and contains the following:
- Consumable materials
- Nonconsumable materials
- Classroom wall materials
- Premium print materials (cards, maps, etc.)
- 18 copies of each Student Book (K–5)
- A blackline master copy of the Student Investigation Notebook (K–5)
Once your district’s purchase order has been sent to Amplify and is processed, Amplify will provide tracking information on your materials kits and any additional print materials you’ve ordered.
- What's New!
New for 2021!
When Amplify teachers share their feedback, we’re listening! We’ve been working hard on new features to continually improve the Amplify experience for you and your students.
Here are just a few highlights:
As you become familiar with the Science program, don’t miss the features we’ve added or enhanced for back to school 2021. When you’re ready to get started, be sure to check out our What’s New tutorials.
- Technology Requirements & FAQ
Technology Requirements and Guidelines
Your district administrator has been provided with hardware and network requirements to meet the minimum technical requirements for performance and support of your curriculum products. This information is available on Amplify’s customer requirements page.
Your district administrator has also been provided the URLs on this page to add to the corresponding district- or school-level filters. This step ensures that teachers and students can access Amplify Science materials.
Your computer or tablet must also be set to accept “cookies” from Amplify program sites. Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Why are there students missing from my class roster?
If a student(s) doesn’t appear on your class roster, they were most likely missing from the roster data provided by your district during the enrollment process. Please contact your district administrator to request that the student(s) be added.
Question: Why do I see only a blank page – nothing appears to load – when trying to access an Amplify program page (like learning.amplify.com)?
A blank screen is often a sign that the website is being blocked by a school’s content filter. Please check with your IT group to confirm that the URLs on this page have been allowed for your district network. Alternatively, check to ensure “cookies” are accepted on your device.
- Contact Us
Powerful (and free!) pedagogical support
Amplify provides a unique kind of support you won’t find from other publishers. We’ve developed an educational support team of former teachers and administrators who provide pedagogical support at no cost to educators using our programs. This free service includes:
- Information on where to locate standards and other planning materials.
- Recommendations and tips for day-to-day teaching with Amplify Science.
- Support with administering and interpreting assessment data and more.
To reach our pedagogical team, click the orange icon while logged into the curriculum to get immediate help, call (866) 629-2446, or email email@example.com.
Timely technical and program support
Our Customer Care and Support team is available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET, through a variety of channels:
- Live chat: Click the orange icon while logged into the curriculum to get immediate help in the middle of the school day.
- Phone: Call our toll-free number: (800) 823-1969.
- Email: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.